o2 Media is proud to be hosting the second annual Regional Design Awards in 2014. These awards celebrate the rich diversity of design talent that abounds in regional Victoria’s design community.
They also provide important professional development, mentoring and networking opportunities for professional and aspiring young Designers, Photographers and Illustrators.
The event will culminate with an awards ceremony and exhibition of finalists’ work in Warrnambool on Friday 21 November 2014.
The Identity award celebrates creative logo design and/or brand identity across multiple mediums. Judges will be looking for effective execution of the branding which establishes a recognisable brand with aesthetic appeal.
Submissions can include but are not limited to: logo designs, styleguides and corporate stationery (business cards, letterheads etc).
2. Print Media
The Print Media award recognises innovative design for a printed project. Judges will consider creativity, power of the communication and innovative use of the print medium.
Submissions may include but are not limited to reports, publications, magazines, catalogues, books, booklets, posters, brochures and flyers.
3. Digital Media
The Digital Media award acknowledges exceptional communication via a digital medium. Entries will be assessed on concept, innovation, aesthetic appeal, user experience and functionality.
Submissions may include but are not limited to websites, apps, online publications, and social media campaigns.
4. Image Creation
The Image Creation award celebrates exceptional image creation or enhancement using photography and/or illustration within any graphic design brief. Judging will consider composition, creativity and aesthetic appeal.
5. Emerging Talent
The Emerging Talent award recognises outstanding design and creative potential amongst our regional tertiary and secondary students. Entrants will submit a poster responding to a prescribed brief. Judges will consider originality, excellence in interpretation and execution of the brief, creativity and design aesthetics.
Who is eligible to enter?
1. Entrants must live and work in Regional Victoria (exclusive of metropolitan Melbourne).
2. Entries must consist of your own original works.
3. Work entered must have been completed between 1 September 2013 and 10 October 2014.
4. Emerging Talent entries must be current students and not working in a professional capacity as a designer.
5. See terms and conditions here for full eligibility requirements.
How do I enter?
Entries must be submitted online at
What format should my entry be in?
Upload a maximum of 5 RGB JPEGs per single entry. All files must be 595 pixels x 842 pixels at 72dpi. Maximum file size is 250kb. Finalists will be requested to provide high resolution artwork.
When do entries close?
Entries close at midnight on Friday 10 October, 2014.
When will finalists be notified?
Finalists will be notified via email on Monday 3 November 2014. Winners will be announced at the awards evening on 21 November 2014. Tickets for the awards night will be available for purchase at $40 per ticket.
How many times can I enter?
There is no limit to the number of times an individual may enter the Regional Design Awards however you must register and pay per entry.
Who will judge the awards?
The Regional Design awards will be judged by a select group of esteemed industry professionals to be announced.
Is there an entry fee?
The cost per single entry is $27.50. However, Emerging Talent category entries are free of charge.
How can I find out more?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 5568 3095.
How to enter
1. Download the entry kit here for category information and criteria.
2. Register and submit your design/s.
3. Upload a maximum of 5 RGB JPEGs per single entry. All files must be 595 pixels x 842 pixels at 72dpi. Maximum file size is 250kb.
4. Provide a short written summary about your entry. (Digital Media entrants please include any URLs.)
5. Pay entry fee of $27.50 per single entry (except Emerging Talent category entrants – entry to this category is free of charge).
6. Entries close at midnight on Friday 10 October, 2014.
7. Following pre-selection, finalists will be notified and high-resolution artwork will be requested for use in the Awards exhibition.
Emerging Talent entry procedure
1. Design a poster responding to this year’s theme – ‘Nothing is private in a digital world’.
2. Register and submit your design.
3. Upload a RGB JPEG of your poster. All files must be 842 pixels wide x 1191 pixels high at 72dpi. Maximum file size is 250kb.
4. Provide a short, written summary about your entry.
5. Entries close at midnight on Friday 10 October, 2014.
6. Following pre-selection, finalists will be notified and high-resolution artwork will be requested for use in the Awards exhibition.
You are invited to attend the Regional Design Awards gala presentation evening in Warrnambool on Friday 21 November, stay tuned for details to be announced!
Originally established by the King family, expert printer Eddie Schreenan purchased the Alex King and Sons business in the late 1970s and has continued its tradition of quality printing with unmatched customer service. Today, Eddie’s sons Daniel, Peter and John continue the Kingprint tradition of excellence.
As telecommunications technology continues to advance, Telstra Country Wide is at the forefront – providing customers in regional and rural Australia with the latest in services, products and applications.
Since 1984, ACE Radio Broadcasters have been at the forefront of regional radio, jointly owned by the Hanbury and Paterson families, who are themselves regionally based. The company has grown over the years to include 13 radio stations, one newspaper, ACE Direct Sales, Melbourne Radio School and employs over 160 people across Victoria and southern New South Wales. 3WM has a “Classic hits, News, Talk and Sport” format and popular rural program Country Today. While MixxFM provides a top 40 format. The Weekly Advertiser has a circuclation of 23,343 newspapers delivered to every home in the major centres as well as the smaller towns.
The BJ Ball Group encompasses a diverse range of business units within the paper and communication media sector. Our ethos of sustainability and responsible business practice is evident by our commitment to our industry, our customers, the environment and our people. BJ Ball’s team of talented individuals coupled with innovative products, provide our customers with confidence for the future.